- This event has passed.
General Instructor School
October 8, 2015 @ 08:00 - October 11, 2015 @ 17:00 MST$750
40 Hours (4 Days/ 10 hours each)
AZJAILS Certified Curriculum
*Note: There is no AZPOST credit.
This advanced four-day course will provide the new instructor with all of the skills and abilities to professionally train law enforcement/detention/corrections officers.
This course is designed to provide the new instructor with a fundamental background in the instruction of other law enforcement personnel. Successful completion of this course allows the student to teach within their agency as a law enforcement instructor. Each trainee is required to research, develop, and deliver a lesson plan as part of meeting course requirements. Trainees must successfully pass the written exam as well as demonstrate competency in all skill areas in order to complete the course and be considered an instructor.
The purpose for this course is to provide the new instructor with the basic skills and knowledge to:
- Describe factors affecting adult learners;
- Demonstrate an understanding of training liability issues;
- Create effective performance objectives;
- Describe appropriate presentation techniques;
- Demonstrate proficiency in lesson plan format and development;
- Identify applicable evaluation instruments; and
- Successfully demonstrate instructional ability through four, separate timed, oral presentations.
Cost for 4 day course: $750