This course has been determined to qualify for AZPOST continuing credit.
This 6 hour or customized program is designed for the first line supervisor. The relationship between management and supervisors as well as personnel supervision, leadership, morale, discipline, as well as communications and motivation of employees are but a few topics discusses. Other topics of discussion include legal issues; police and the public; police procedures; mechanics for arrest and educational electives.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
• Understand principles of police management and supervision
• Establish a practical appreciation for policies, procedures, rules and regulations
• Understand the principles behind workforce motivation
• Learn practical leadership principles applicable to the law enforcement profession
• Understand law enforcement performance appraisals and how they should be conducted
• Learn the principles of supervision for diverse work environments
• Understand law enforcement supervision principles during tactical operations.