- This event has passed.
INTERPERSONAL PERSPECTIVES: A REFRESHER OF LESSONS LEARNED BUILDING ALLIANCES THROUGH COMMUNICATIONS
August 26, 2015 @ 18:00 - 20:00 MST$25
This course has been determined to qualify for AZPOST continuing credit.
Communication is a fundamental skill that is a necessity in order to: build and maintain positive relationships in a personal and professional environment; convey clearly organized messages to public audiences; work effectively in groups; and effectively perform during job interviews. This 2 hour course focuses on the development of basic communication skills necessary to achieve goals in a variety of communication episodes and contexts. While students will have the opportunity to develop many communication skills, this course primarily focuses on oral communication skills in a variety of contexts. Course met the standards of Missouri POST for continuing education credit and was offered at the Missouri Highway Patrol Conference in 2013.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: At the conclusion of the 2 hour training the student will be able to:
- Identify how barriers to effective communications can be overcome
- Describe the process and components of communication
- Discuss the various meanings and definitions of interpersonal communication and social interaction
- Identify overarching structures such as culture, mass media and gender, and their role in shaping interpersonal interaction
- Discuss dominant themes of contemporary interpersonal communication and social interaction
Module 1 – Relationships and the Language of Persuasion
Module 2 – The Communication Process