- This event has passed.
July 16, 2015 @ 10:00 - 12:00 MST$25
This course has been determined to qualify for AZPOST continuing credit.
This 2 hour course examines career planning and career management in the context of law enforcement organizations. It presents career management concepts and strategies, linking these to both individual and organizational goals as well as to broader environmental trends. Topics include: work force planning and development, assessing skills and competencies, networking, negotiation, career‐conversations, coaching, and exercising influence.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: Upon successful completion of the program, you will be ready to:
• Experience and understand career planning tools;
• Learn about career planning and management in the context of your current law enforcement organization;
• Reflect on your own beliefs, assumptions and behaviors with respect to career planning and management.
• Develop your career action plan and manage your career.
• Build relationships in a variety of settings.